Manfred History and Preservation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.

© 2023 by MHP, Inc. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

Aasand Hardware  Store

Location: Block 2 – Lot 1 “triangle”

Proprietor: Anton Aasand

Year Started: 1916

Year Ended: 1920 at this location later purchased the Wilborg Store and had a hardware store there until 1925 when they moved to Harvey.

History of Business: Anton Aasand purchased this property from Jacob Klev in 1916. It was a hardware store. When Anton installed a 32 volt Delco electric plant in his store he strung a wire across the road so the church could benefit from the electric plant. It was then that the kerosene lamps in the sanctuary were converted to electric bulbs. Later on Anton rented this place to Rudolph Peterson. It was used for a garage until it was destroyed by fire in about 1932.

Star – Aasand Hardware Store

Reference points:

Red rectangle - Manfred School

Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church

Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank

Green rectangle – Solheim Station