Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Anderson Livery and Drayline
Location: Block 4, Lot 15
Proprietor: Olaf Anderson
Year Started: 1900
Year Ended: 1930
History of Business: Anderson Motor Company burned down November 6, 1930. Olaf Anderson was planning on rebuilding the business, but in 1931 he had a fatal heart attack.
This is a note from the Minot Daily News rerun on December 25, 1981 about the business – Olaf Anderson ran a garage, sold and traded horses and operated a livery barn on Main Street, Manfred. He operated two or three rigs to take salesmen north and south to the Soo Line. These salesmen stayed at the hotel. Anderson also hauled timbers that arrived on the Soo Line for the railroad bridge east of Wellsburg. In winter, Anderson would harvest Ice that was used by the Soo Line at Division Point. With a crew of 20 men, he hauled ice from the James River to a loading platform, one of the busiest places in town (Manfred).
Double Blue Daisy – Anderson Livery and Drayline
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station