top of page
Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Burkum Hardware Store
Location: Block 3, Lot 8
Proprietor: Lars Burkum and T. K. Rogne
Year Started: In 1894 T. K. Rogne and L. O. Burkum established the first store in Manfred. In 1905 they built the building pictured which was known as the Burkum Hardware Store.
Year Ended: 1916
History of Building: H. B. Myhre bought out L. O. Burkum in 1916 and Anton Aasand and Nick Halvorson was purchased the building in 1917. In 1926 the Sons of Norway purchased the building for lodge use and continued to use it until 1952 when the building burned down.
Daisy – Burkum Store
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station
bottom of page