Harness and Shoe Shop
Location: In Meads Hardware Store Block 4, lot 7 was owned by James Mead
Proprietor: Arnt Anda
Year Started: Ad was found in the 1905 County Paper
Year Ended: 1906
History of Business: J. A. Mead succeeded E. W. Stein in the harness and heavy hardware business. In 1906 James A. Mead loaded up his household goods, dogs, and colt and moved to Stanley, North Dakota to make his future home. He intended to enter into the grain business there and later branch out into real estate. The business was closed following his departure from Manfred.