Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Manfred Cash Store
a.k.a. Peterson Store
Location: Block 3, Lot 4
Proprietor: various owners, see below
Year Started: 1921
Year Ended: 1978
History of Business: In 1908, Nennie Johnson built the Johnson Place. For a few years he had a barbershop and recreation parlor there, but about 1921 he turned it into a general store. Nennie sold the Cash Store to Rudolph Peterson about 1944. Rudolph and Nora had the store until 1952 when they sold it to Ervin and Evelina Boese. In 1956, Boeses sold the store to Ed and Stella Sorenson. Ed Sorenson died shortly thereafter, but Stella continued to run the store until 1978 when the store was closed. The building was sold at that time to Edgar Flick and later he sold the building to Wanda Melchert.
Daisy – Manfred Cash Store
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station