Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Location: Block 3 – Lot 5
Postmasters: see list below
Year Started: ca 1908
Year Ended: 1915
History of Business: The first Post Office was located in the first mercantile store run by Lars Burkum. The post office was also located in the C. C. Melby Store, and the building featured in this article is the building north of the C. C. Melby Store. This building was moved to the location above in 1908. Ole Ranum purchased the building across the street in 1915 for the Post Office.
On May 3, 1894, Thorstein K. Rogne was installed as the first Postmaster in Manfred. He was followed by Issac L. Berge in March 1900; Swan N. Willborg, March 1902; Axel LeGrand, November 1906, George Gilbertson, May 1911; Gertrude LeGrand, March 22, 1912; Ole Ranum, January 1914, Ernest Braaten, February 1, 1921; Jerret Biever, April 1925. Oscar Ongstad purchased the Bank Building when he became postmaster in 1944 and this building was used until the post office was closed in October 1992. Edgar Flick was postmaster from 1964 to 1992.