Rogers Lumber Co.
Location: West side of town
Properties: Read below for transfers
Year Started: 1894
Year Ended: February 1932
History of Business: The first business in Manfred was established in 1894. It was the Smith and Rogers Lumber Co, and was managed by Gullik Nordtorp from 1894 to 1899, and was located near Gullik's Stone House, but relocated to a location across from the church on the west end of the triangle in about 1907. O.S. Hedahl, took Gullik’s place when Gullik and his family moved back to Norway in 1899. O. S. Hedahl was the lumber manager until 1905, when he was elected to serve as the Wells County Register of Deeds. 1899-1905 O.S. Hedahl 1905-1913 Charles Fjerestad 1913- 1914 J.M. Morrison 1914–1914 N.A. Anderson 1914-1918 J.F. Field (this manager was convicted of embezzlement) 1918 -1924 O.E Norlie 1924-1932 G.M. Christensen Rogers Lumber Co. closed in February1932 Rogers Lumber bought out the O.K. Melby Lumber Co. [aka MANFRED LUMBER] for $1,000. That building was taken down. In 1933 Rudolph Peterson purchased the Rogers Lumber Co. building and moved it to the east side of Manfred. He remodeled the building to use as a garage and gas station. The Rogers building was placed in the location near where Manfred Lumber had been, but facing Lincoln instead of Railroad.
Daisy – Roger's Lumber Co.
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station