top of page
Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Location: Block 4, Lot 8
Proprietors: Gilman and Adolph Shirley
Year Started: 1925
Year Ended: 1933
History of Business: On December 1925 John Nelson sold his Manfred Implement House to Gilman and Adolph Shirley. In April 1926, the Standard Oil Co. installed a gas pump at the Shirley Bros. It was reported a good location as it was on the main highway. After several years they sold their building and lot to Richard Jorstad who opened a repair shop at that location in 1933. The Shirley brothers moved back to their farm in October 1934.
Daisy – Shirley Implement
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station
bottom of page