Manfred History & Preservation, Inc.
Location: LeGrand Addition Lot 12, Block 1
Proprietor: Helmer S. Solheim
Year Started: 1945
Year Ended: 1969
History of Business: In 1933, Rudolph Peterson purchased Rogers Lumber Yard to remodel it for use as a station. Rudolph had Guy Fisher move the building to its present location in June of 1933. In April, 1945, Harley Boese sold his farming interests and purchased the gas station, but experiencing health problems, Harley was forced to sell the station in Manfred. Helmer Solheim bought the gas station on October 23, 1945 and operated it until 1969 as a Standard Oil Service Station. In addition to selling gas, he did other mechanical work on cars such as fixing tires, changing oil, and greasing cars. Ted Jorstad purchased the gas station in December 1969 and continued operating it until 1974. The building was then purchased by Delbert Rask for a garage, followed by Harry Detling, and finally Audrey Solheim who transferred the title to MHP, Inc. The exterior has been restored to the look of the era from 1945 – 1969.
Daisy – Solheim Station
Red rectangle - Manfred School
Blue rectangle - Vang Lutheran Church
Purple rectangle – Post Office/Bank
Green rectangle – Solheim Station